Pages

April 25

The post for today is being highjacked by my hodge-podge collection of all of sewing projects. They are in no particular order, except that they are grouped by the type of project. I would be happy to answer any questions you have about the things I've made :) I am going to try to update this as often as possible to include my completed projects. Enjoy!

BURPEES
I need to make things. With Fabric. With Paper. With Pictures. With Food. With My Hands. I would love to be able to spend more time sewing, but since time is not what I have a lot of lately, I settle for little opportunities to make little things, like this yummy stack of burpies that totally want to make me have another baby. NOT! But they are really cute! I love how easy they are to make. I can usually make one in about 20-30 minutes, depending on how many distractions are requiring my attention :)

All of these fabrics except the green polka are from Heidi Grace who also happens to design scrapbook paper. I just love how colorful her stuff is.


These are the first burpees I ever made. They were for a friend who was having a boy. I loved the turquoisy (my made up word) bluish greens and browns together in this fabric.

PILLOWCASE DRESSES
I love going to Etsy to look for crafty ideas :) One day while I was searching for hats for the twins, I came across the cutest little pillowcase dresses. I had only heard of the idea one other time, when my friend Emily was telling me about them. I was immediately in LOVE! I knew I could figure out how to make them on my own, and after googling pillowcase dress tutorial I was in instruction heaven. This is the very first one that I made for Kalyn.

After having her try it on, I realized it was probably a bit too short to wear on its own as a dress, but it would be super cute with some leggings underneath. So I made another one :)

And then when I saw how cute it was, I decided that it would be really cute with a pair of jeans, too. So I made another one. Again :)
She's such a cooperative model :) She loves it when I make her things. She says that she will wear them even if she really doesn't like them, because it makes her feel special that I made them. Don't kids have the best way of putting things? So I guess maybe I should make a few for the twins next.

I've never seen a five pound jack-o-lantern look so cute :)

Here's our family picture from Christmas 2009. It's the only good (and it's not that great anyway) picture of the twins in their Christmas pillowcase dresses (that were more like shirts because I did not measure properly before cutting the fabric :( hehehe!)


We will be back to your regulary scheduled programming tomorrow :) I needed a break to get my house back in order from all the Easter festivities this weekend! Thanks for understanding!


0 comments:

Post a Comment