Pages

April 22

Okay, I know I promised a couple of days ago that I was going to take pictures at the park. Well, let me just tell you how that worked out for me. :( Not so great! I go to the park with my sister, my husband, and my friends all the time, but never have I ever, gone by myself - as the only adult - with five mobile kids.  Now I know why! Now that the twins are both mobile, and more often than not, going in completely different directions at any given time, it is incredibly difficult!

There were a couple of extenuating circumstances today, too. We had an extra kid, my sweet small group friend's little boy, my two boys and my twins. Kalyn, who is my right hand helper was at my Mom's salon getting her hair done. My oldest boy, who is 6, and a B-O-Y, which basically disqualifies him instantly as being any real help was having too much fun playing with his friend to help out mom. :( And then there's the 4 year old who can think of nothing else but escaping the minivan faster than his brother and his friend, so that he can beat them to the jungle gym ya know? hehehe! Ahhh, the simple life of little boys...I digress.

So Chloe is going one way, as fast as her sweet little feet can carry her, right toward the HUGE climbing thing with a bouncy bridge and what seemed like nine dozen different 10 feet high drop offs and slides...AGHHHH! And then you have poor, little scaredy cat Claire, who is deathly frightened by the construction noise going on the school behind the park. And let's not forget my Moms's warning that there had been gang activity at this park, and she thought it dangerous for me to go alone with all the kiddos. Really mom? I have lived here 4-EVA and I have never heard of such in this area. Don't you just hate that? Not knowing that there was something else to be feared, and then you find out? And no matter how unworried about it you were before, you can't be that unworried again? Yeah, well that's where I was today. Or yesterday, I mean.

So I told you all that to tell you that's what I love about scrapbooking :) Make sense yet? Probably not, so I will explain further. Haha!

I can bottle up all that anxiety about the crying, attached-at-the-hip, fearful baby, the completely adventurous and elated baby, the two little boys who were having a contest to see who could swing the highest (on the opposite end of the park) and the random jeep with a strange man that is parked and eerily watching, the rumors of gangs, etc. and just focus on this little guy:

Click to see larger in a new window!

Credits: Papers - Crystal Wilkerson's Oh Boy! Party Time & Party Time Extras
Template - Tiffany Tillman 52 Templates #9
It's amazing that in the midst of all that anxiety, I was even able to take pictures, right? Let alone take the time to scrapbook them :) But seriously, this is what I want my kids to remember, that I took them to the park. That they loved going to the park. And that I can't wait to spend time with them again. So are you wondering why none of the other kids made it in the scrapbook for the park day? Again, that's the beauty of scrapbooking. If it's not in the scrapbook, maybe they won't remember. Haha! I heard a quote once that said, "Be nice to me or I'll crop you out of the scrapbook." Okay maybe I am the only one who thinks that's really funny, but I totally did that today. Kagen was the only one cooperating with me, so he's the one that got featured!

0 comments:

Post a Comment