Pages

March 30

What a day this turned out to be! I had Bible Study this morning and then visited a friend this afternoon, got my keys locked in the car with three seatbelted kids inside. I waited about an hour (while the car was running) between trying to coax the four year old out of his "securely strapped carseat" to get them out and waiting for the locksmith. Of all the times that this could have happened to me, this was the worst. Let me explain.

Are you anything like me? I mean, where you just say whatever pops into your head, without thinking *how it may come out* to the hearers of your words? Well, I hope for your sake you are not anything like me, because let me tell you, this little mouth of mine has gotten me in many-a-trouble. It's not that I mean to be insensitive to other people, ever, but sometimes I can come across that way. You know what's even worse than that? When you do come across that way and someone tells you, and you come across *that* way again as you apologize. Uggghhh! So what's a girl to do? Put your big girl panties on and make nice. The right way. So that's what I did, or was trying to do when my six year old locked us out of the car. Great! Now that I finally had made peace with the offended, I am now stuck in her driveway with almost all my kids locked in the car. That makes for an awkward situation, people. Seriously. But you know what I learned, sometimes you just have to face your fears (in this case for me it was confrontation, which I supremely suck at, by the way!), and you never know what good and wonderful things may happen as a result. All in all, stressful today was, yes, but I would go through it all again just to have the peace of knowing that I made it right, now. Except for the rain, keys locked in the car & the confrontation part :) Yeah, Jesus, if You ever need to make me learn that lesson again in the future, can we just skip all that? Thanks! haha!

I will leave you with this quote I heard. Think about this today.

"People will forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel."

Let's all try harder to make one another feel great when we speak to and about one another.

0 comments:

Post a Comment