Pages

February 2

Looks like an early spring according to the groundhog, but according to the weather outside I couldn't more strongly disagree!

After a wonderful morning at Bible Study, I came home and made this delicious Russian Chicken and Rice. When my friend Sara gave me this recipe, I have to admit, I thought to myself, "That sounds disgusting!" but she made it and brought me some to try out. It was love at first taste. It immediately became one of our go-to-recipes for a quick and simple dinner. The kids love it!

Try it out and let me know what you think!
Russian Chicken and Rice















1 packet of dry onion soup mix
1 small bottle of Wishbone Russian Dressing
1 small jar of Apricot Preserves
Chicken Breasts*
Rice*

This is so easy - open the onion soup mix, apricot preserves and dressing and dump on top of the chicken. You can cook this in the crockpot or in your oven if you need it to be done quicker. Today I used frozen chicken breasts and baked it in the oven for about 1 1/2-2 hours at 300 degrees. The last time I made it I did it in the crockpot on low for 8 hours. It's great either way :)  Don't forget to make the rice before serving, like I did today! haha! Also, don't add too much water to your instant rice because it will turn to mush. I did this today, too. Too much time on the computer today I guess. Anyways, hope you get to try it and I hope you love it as much as we do.

*I didn't put an amount for the chicken and rice because you can just make as much as you need for your family. I used three chicken breasts and 2 1/2 cups of uncooked rice and had a ton of leftover sauce, even using it as topping for the rice. You could easily cook 5-6 pieces of chicken and still have enough sauce. Just try it once, and you'll know whether or not you need to make more or less for your family.

Bon Appetit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment