Pages

January 23

Well we had a very happy almost officially nine year old at the end of the day today. Church this morning, lunch at Shark Fin for the birthday girl, complete with her own ice cream sundae, and a birthday party.


Kalyn hasn't been going into her regular Sunday School class lately, and this morning when she was heading to Kidz Cove, I told her it was okay for her to go into Mrs. Tammy's class. I am so glad I let her, because when she came out today she was ecstatic about the poster that Mrs. Tammy had made her. As soon as we walked in the door, she went to my desk and got a push pin (I am trying not to think about the holes in the wall because it is her birthday and she was sooooo excited!) and hung it up right next to her bed. Who would have thought something as simple as writing "You are so special" on a piece of yellow paper could mean so much? But it did to her. She treasures it. Thank you Mrs. Tammy for being so kind to my daughter. You have made a huge impression on her.


Lunch was delicious as always :)


What would I have done without my dear sister today? She came over at 1:00 this afternoon and started cleaning (I mean scrubbing) for us. She wiped down counters, swept and vaccuumed floors, washed dishes, cleaned mirrors. She hung the streamers that Kalyn wanted so badly, and she tied a pink balloon to each chair. She was a total lifesaver today!


Kalyn was so excited to see each of her guests arrive. She will always let you know exactly what she's thinking - this girl holds nothing back! There were squeals of delight every time someone else walked in - especially for this little boy, Darrien, her friend from school.

She has been begging me for an Ipod Touch, and I was really on the fence about whether or not to allow her to have one because of the internet, etc. I told her that if she saved up her money, I would let her get one, but I would have to set it up for her with the right kinds of music and videos and apps. I never really thought she'd get enough to buy one so I didn't worry to much about it, but she did! Her cousin was actually trying to sell his and she decided to just buy his and save the extra money for accessories. She can hardly believe she has her own Ipod. I guess I have a whole new technology to learn how to work now!

She had a great time at her birthday and it was worth all the hard work preparing for it just to see her so happy. She is such a sweet and beautiful girl and I feel so blessed to be her mom. I am so grateful for all the lessons being her mom has taught me and I am proud of the little lady she is becoming and I am excited to see what the future holds for her life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment