Pages

January 22

We worked ALL DAY on this cake. And since we worked all day on this cake, I thought rather than writing about everything that we did I would show you in pictures. Just so you know, I am not a baker, or cake decorator, and, judging by the pictures below, I am apparently not a very good housekeeper either. Just keeping it real here on the blog today!

Here's the before cake, and the reason we spent all day making it -- it looked awful! Kalyn doesn't like fondant, and I do not know how to make frosting smooth like fondant. I also didn't have enough room in the freezer to freeze the cakes so it was like crumb city trying to ice it :(















What would I have done without Kendra today? She came to our rescue and helped us out with the fondant. She taught me how to make the fondant and she is very good at rolling it out into one big piece. That bottom layer was a 12 inch square! Kalyn begged her to come over and help make her cake.











Here's Jonathan and Kalyn in the kitchen with the finished fondant-topped cake. It's in the bottom right corner if you can't see it amidst the riduculous mess! I had quite an accident with the mixer and trying to add color to the fondant and we'll just leave it at that :( Jonathan and Kalyn have confectioner's sugar all over their faces.









And for the grand finale, a close up of the finished cake :) Bonus: Me with no makeup in the messiest kitchen ever -- like I said, just keeping it real on the blog today. But look how happy my little girl is :) Totally worth it!


I could NOT have done it without my wonderful husband, who mixed all of the black fondant (and still has purple hands), helped with all the kids, and cleaned up this atrocious mess so that I could work on the picture wall that still isn't finished. Hope to see ya at the party :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment