Pages

April 4

Okay, I have gotten a couple of weeks behind on my Template Tuesday layouts at Jessica Sprague. I am all caught up now though, and I am planning to share the layouts over the next few days. Today I cleaned the house and caught up on laundry so that my family would have clean clothes while I am gone. Wasn't that nice of me? :)

Have you ever been scared in bad weather? I don't mean a hurricane or tsunami or tornado bad weather, but just your regular thunder and lightning storm. Well, I can honestly say that I have never experienced a tsunami, but I have seen a couple of tornados, up close in person, and I have certainly experienced a BAD hurricane (inside the safety of the barely standing walls of my roofless church while I was nine months pregnant -- but that's a whole other story for a whole other post!), but I have never been shaken to the core with fear like I was tonight. I *don't know why* I went to Walmart tonight, after 10 o'clock, right before a storm rolled in, but I did. It started pouring down rain while I was at the checkout, with the S L O W E S T cashier ever, and by the time I got to the doors to leave, the manager had locked the main doors because the wind was blowing so hard that there was a LOT of water on the floor inside the entrance. It was ankle deep, people! I had $140 worth of groceries that were about to get soaked. I was wearing flip flops, which are always a terrible idea when you have to run in water-filled parking lot, but I had been standing there, by the side door, sipping my cold Diet Mt. Dew and waiting patiently for about 15 minutes, watching the rain and wind, while all of my frozen items were melting. Thanks again, S L O W E S T Walmart cashier ever! So I thought I would just have to make a run for it. As soon as I opened those doors, it was like the bottom fell out. Thunder crashing, lightning striking, horizontally raining, and wind blowing so hard it will make you fall down and flip the buggy into a puddle, almost make you pee your pants. Loud & scary. And that my friends, was no exaggeration. But God is good all the time. All the time God is good. Not quite sure how I made it home tonight, without being struck by lightning, or getting into an accident since the wind literally blew my contact right out while I was dashing (oh yeah, I meant swimming) through the flooded Walmart parking lot. What. was. I. thinking?

That's right. I wasn't thinking. I wasn't thinking I would get caught in the longest line ever with the S L O W E S T Walmart cashier ever! But I did. I was so worked up about the whole trip I decided to stay up late and do a new layout. My cure-all, stress relief :)

Click on the picture to see it larger in another window.

Supplies: Template Tuesday #9; Echo Park's Be Mine Collection

0 comments:

Post a Comment