Pages

April 1

Happy April Fool's Day everyone! Did you get someone today? I did...my sister. Okay, well she is super gullable, and it wasn't entirely my idea :) My hubby is usually the prankster, not me. But he got me and the kids really good this morning. Wanna hear all about it? Good! It's pretty funny, I promise!

So I stayed up until about 3:00 in the morning last night (darn you, Jessica Sprague!) and I was half asleep when I heard Jonathan telling my daughter that he had a job offer in North Carolina, and we'd probably move there VERY soon. Of all the things to be worried about, you know what she was concerned about? How we would get her new trundle bed there? Well, first of all, this trundle bed was bought at a salvage store and spray painted black. It's pressed wood, people. Nothing to be upset over. But to her, it's special and the only thing she doesn't share with one of four siblings. Okay, maybe it is kind of a big deal. :) Caleb, also concerned about the bedding situation is already putting in for a set of bunkbeds so that he doesn't have to share his twin size bed with his four year old brother. Yeah, we are kinda crowded in this house :) But only when we sleep. Sorry for the rabbit trail, back to the story now! So he's telling her all about this granite shop in North Carolina and how the owner really wants him to come up there and work. He will guarantee us $2000 a week (which is equivalent to "we can have whatever we want" in kid lingo), pay the moving expenses, help us sell our house here, etc. etc. and he has to make a decision by the end of the day. Then he comes upstairs, and stands over me while I pretend to be asleep, and completely not aware of the fact that today is April Fools Day. He makes a bunch a racket to try to wake me -- like I don't know what he's trying to do --  so I nonchalantly roll over and ask him why Kalyn is worried about moving her trundle bed and why Caleb is begging for him to build a bunkbed. In my zombie like state, he sits down on the edge of the bed and proceeds to tell me that our life is about to dramatically change. He has received an offer he can't justify refusing, and all the blah, blah blah I just told you about :) So, now my mind is fully engaged and I jump out of bed and get in the shower. Immediately my mind has at least 150+ questions running through so I start spouting them off. He shows me that he got a voicemail from the weird number that called us at a ridiculous hour last night, and he had called him back this morning. Jonathan held up his hand and said, "See, here's his number. What do you think?" And I am like, "Really, what do I think? Hmmm, do you really want to know what I think? I think "you're absolutely out of your mind and you're not taking me with you (wink, wink!)". But, I did what any loving, respectful wife should do, and I turned it back on him saying in as nice of a tone as I could, "What do you think, Dear? Okay, well thank goodness he started busting out laughing at this point because I am just not sure if I could have taken any more :) So we decided to keep the kids thinking it all day, and that went well, until Kalyn came upstairs and started crying about having to leave everyone that she loves behind, like both her Mimi's, and my sister, who in her words "would never come to visit us if we lived that far away". So I told her it was all a joke, and calmed her down. Then we called Brandy :) Ring, Ring, gullable sister answers the phone...I start to spill the beans about Jonathan's plan, and get her input, after making sure she was in front of her computer. She's discussing all of the possibilities about selling our house, renting, moving a large family so quickly, etc. when I tell her to go check the company's website. "It's w w w dot a p r i l s f o o l s dot com. She is thinking for a few seconds, and then starts laughing, too :) We got her good! She actually thought we were serious! Yay for April Fool's joke success!

I was looking through some old pictures and I found this one of me and the hubby. Kalyn took it for us a couple of months ago and it never made it to the blog so it's my picture of the day :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment