Pages

March 9

So yesterday I was telling you about the book I am reading about scheduling, right? Well, I decided to implement one of the ideas into my schedule. Since I am WAY off  the schedule of training my kids to do chores, and that is something that I want to teach them how to do, both quickly and correctly, according to my standards, I have added in a special training time to our schedule. I find it kinda funny, but it reminds me of dog obedience training. Whatever works though, right? Haha! :)

So here's how it goes. You ask your child to do something. When they respond appropriately, which is with, "Yes Ma'am" and with a smile, you give them a very small single piece of candy, like one jelly belly. When they complete the task and return to you, again they get one very small piece of candy. You do this for like 30 minutes a day, and it is a teaching time for you to use to reinforce what your expectations are, when nothing else is required, except their obedience, and that obedience is the only focus. They are *slightly* rewarded, but highly motivated by that single piece of candy. I know this may not be for everyone, but for me, it was amazing. Love this idea.





Three jelly bellys for three very obedient kids in thirty minutes. I am so okay with that :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment