Pages

March 6

I have to admit I was a bit of a grouch this morning, pretty much from the time my feet hit the floor. But as soon as I sat down in my seat at church and nonchalantly asked my friend how she was doing, and she told me, I was immediately put in my place with a big dose of  "I am a selfish brat" reality and a new perspective. Do you ever wonder how in the world God could bless you so much and yet you still act as though He hasn't? Well, my ungratefulness changed into thankfulness this morning when our church started our annual Missionary Conference with an incredible worship service and motivational message by Ron Bishop. I just don't even know how much God has done for me!

We served our turn in the nursery, picked up a bucket of chicken for lunch and went back to the church to decorate. I love doing stuff like this and I am so glad that I finally accepted the invitation to host a table this year. The Missionary Luncheon has always been one of my most favorite events that our church puts on. It's always a blessing to hear the testimonies of the missionary wives and to be able to catch a glimpse of their everyday life. The tables looked just beautiful, with their fine china and fresh flowers. Except for mine. No fine china or fresh flowers. Because that's not who I am, with 5 kids. No thank you. My table was, however, a true reflection of me and I am perfectly happy in my imperfection :)  I know you are just dying to see it, but I will have to keep you waiting until tomorrow to further build the suspense. Ok, if I am being honest, I am really making you wait because I didn't finish it. All of my silverware is dirty :) Hey, I do have 5 kids you know. Cut me some slack :) haha!

WW update: I am so off the diet. This week has been full of gluttony to say the least! I can always start again soon, but it won't be tomorrow since us Baptists are going to a luncheon :) Hmmm, maybe Tuesday.

 My pic of the day is a layout I did a few months ago. It is almost time for our annual ladies retreat, too, and that IS my most favorite church event of the year :) This year should be lots of fun. We are stripping all the glitz and glamour in exchange for Camp. Like Youth Camp from 15-20 years ago. I couldn't be more exited :) I don't *have to* play sports this time. I can just go for Jesus and the fellowship, which is all I ever went for years ago anyways. Okay, maybe I went for the boys back then, too. Haha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment