Pages

February 13

Today we went to church, worked in the nursery for the late service and then picked up a bucket of chicken from KFC. Then we rushed 4 of our kids to my sister's house so that my husband and I could take Kalyn to the Winter Jam concert. We have always wanted to go and we were so excited that this year, Francesca Batistelli, Kalyn's most favorite singer ever, was supposed to be there. A couple of weeks ago, I downloaded a song from her website to put on Kalyn's ipod and I got an email from Francesca stating that she was going to be there, and she wanted to personally meet all her fans. Well, I read that email to Kalyn, hoping to get her excited about it, and totally not thinking about the possibility that we may not actually get to meet her. Oops!

We got there at about 3:30, and it was so packed! Lines of people around the building and down the road packed. We went to the shortest line we saw and prayed the whole time that we would be able to get in. We were so happy to hand the door man our $30 entrance fee, that we didn't care where we had to sit. We just wanted to be in! By the time we hiked up and down several sets of stairs and finally settled on a top row seat, I was really wishing I would have bought the megazoom lens. Oh well! This is probably the only time I would have to use it!

The concert was so good! I have only been to one other Christian concert in my entire life, and that was to see Jaci Velasquez at a church. There were several bands/singers there, and they each performed at least four songs. We got to hear some of their new music, and most of the groups were offering a GREAT discount on their music so we added to our CD collection, too :) I was exposed to a lot of different music that I would not typically listen to, and I enjoyed all of it. I did have to google the lyrics to a couple of the songs because the intensely loud music and headbanging was drowing them out. Haha! Who'd have thought the old hymn, "It is Well" could be a rock song! My father in law would not have liked that rendition!

Kalyn did not meet Francesca. I will save that meltdown story for another day :( You can thank me now. It was not pretty!

I took a ton of pictures and videos of each artist. I am sure I was driving the people around me crazy!
Does the flash in your photos make you look this washed out? If it doesn't, please share your tips!
WW Update: Do you really want to know? KFC Fried Chicken Breast, original recipe, with ALL of the skin, mashed potatoes and gravy,  a handful or two of M&M's, six peices of Big Bol gum, two boxes of candy sticks, four girl scout cookies, a whopper loaded with everything plus cheese, french fries and a real non-diet soda, a couple of nachos and a handful of cheezits. Yeah, I am scared to weigh in tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment