Pages

Pajama Party Musical Scrapbooking Layout



Click on the photo to see it in more detail. Sorry it's so blurry looking up close. I am going to try to take a new pic tomorrow and I will change it then!

I just love this layout! The bright colors, the new techniques I tried, and of course my children make it one of my all time favorites!

Having a large diecut item is quite the scrapbooking trend right now and this is the first time I tried it on one of my layouts. I used a flower (from WIMG) and layed it on my page so that the upper and left sides could be trimmed away. I grouped all of my photos together and placed them inside the flower. Grouping the photos in an arrangement like this is new for me too. Typically, I would print all photos from an event, crop them individually and then arrange them over and over until I was happy with the positioning. Instead of the usual, I picked my photos, arranged them and built the page around them. I have really tried to narrow down what photos I include and print. I have stacks and stacks of pictures that I randomly printed and never used. What do I do with all of those photos? Nothing! What a waste! It can be super hard to cut down on the photos that I scrapbook, but I keep telling myself if I can save on the printing, I will have more to spend on embellishments! Funny how we justify things huh? Anyway, here lately, my favorite size print is 2x3 and I get them at the Kodak machine. It's quick and I am really happy with the quality. Enough about the pictures, right?

Another thing that I commonly do when scrapbooking is limiting myself to only TWO coordinating patterns, and doing everything on my pages from just those two patterns. I usually fill in ALL space with photos and journaling. I have seen layouts with "white/open space" and love how it draws your attention to the photos. In this layout, even though there is a striped pattern everywhere, it still functions as the white space because there's nothing there to visually distract you. I stepped out of my comfort zone by adding in two coordinating solid cardstocks for the flower and title land I also kept the embellishments minimal. Using just a couple of layered primas, a little strip of ribbon, and a border strip from a coordinating patterned paper finished my layout nicely. For my title, I cut it on the cricut and then ran it through the cuttlebug with the swiss dots embossing folder. I inked it to add even more definition. After doing all this, I thought the layout was lacking something, so I decided to add some faux stitching along the flower edges. I am really pleased with how this turned out! I hope that you will let me know what you think about it in the comments section! Have a great night!

Amber

0 comments:

Post a Comment