Pages

Buckaroo Layout with tips on using buttons & making your photos go further


Here's another layout that I worked on earlier this week. My sweet little baby riding the horse :) I love his expression in these photos! I used some earthy colored paper that my friend Mariah gave me along with some solid blue and light brown cardstock. I just love these themed buttons that I got from Michaels a few days ago. Remember that you don't have to always limit yourself to the scrapbooking departments to find embellishments for your layouts! Buttons are one of my favorite types of embellishments because they are so versatile. There are so many ways that you can use them in a layout, and there are so many different ones to choose from! All of the buttons in this package had a shank on them that I just trimmed off with a wire cutter. They attach securely with a glue dot. I resisted the urge to de-masculinize this layout with my primas and instead opted for an inked and plain scalloped edge on my title (which I cut in the Holy Cow font from Cutting Up on my Expression) and a simple star border for an accent.

Another quick photo tip for you -- remember how I said that I love his expression in these pictures? Well truth be told - both top pictures are cropped from the bottom picture. I zoomed in at different ranges with my PSP software and printed them all. It's kind of like a progression, from far out to up close. Having a camera with high mexapixels allows me to crop my photos and not lose their quality. So how does this help you? Well, if you have ONE photo that you love, try to crop it from several angles to make it look like there are more photos. I am so not a one-photo per scrapbook page layout kind of person, so this was a great solution to only having one photo of a particular event.

I hope you can try this soon with your photos! As always, if you have any questions, leave me a comment and I will get back with you! Have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment