Pages

February 20

So the hubby left me home alone tonight :( Last night too, technically, if you count leaving at 1:30 a.m :) He went to the races with my dad and I am here by myself GASP! with the twins. I had arranged a sleepover buddy but then it didn't work out. So what's a scared momma supposed to do? Get the butcher knife (because I can't find the baseball bat and because I don't allow guns in my house), push the babies into my room(who are not afraid and sleeping soundly in their cribs!), get my six year old to come sleep with me, bring Gabby and her kennel upstairs, make sure I had plenty of drinks and snacks so I didn't have to go downstairs in the dark by myself and finally turn on all the lights downstairs, check every window and door lock and lock my bedroom door behind me. Yeah, Gulf Power loves us :) All that and I still  had a hard time falling asleep, imagining all the bad things that could happen to us while I was here by myself. Everytime I heard a dog bark, or any kind of siren, or any sound of the house settling or the wind blowing, every speck of skin on me was covered with goosebumps. I was on pins and needles until I realized that all I needed to do was claim the victory over fear and pray myself to sleep under God's protection. That only took until 2:00 a.m. :) And guess what time my girls woke up? 5:11 a.m. --when it was still dark, Go figure!

My pic of the day probably won't have any significance to you, but my little girls pushed these mixing bowls around the house for a solid hour and a half, chasing one another, giggling and laughing and squealing. It was so adorable and I never want to forget how much they enjoyed playing with them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment